Dear UGBC Congregation:
Pastor Craven, the staff, and the Deacon Committee express their heartfelt apology to everyone that was told that UGBC would hold an indoor worship service this Sunday, May 24th.
We were unaware, at the time, that the restraining order lifting the restrictions on indoor services was only temporary. A District Court hearing is scheduled for Friday, May 29th to determine if the churches will be able to remain open.
After an in-depth discussion between the staff, Pastor Craven and the Deacon Committee, a decision has been made to postpone reopening our church for indoor services until a decision by the court has been made. UGBC will try to reopen on Sunday, June 7th, pending this decision. It would be very frustrating to reopen this Sunday, only to have to close again.
Following is the Schedule for June:
- Live streaming of the AM & PM services on Sunday, May 24th.
- Weather permitting, we will hold a drive-in service on Sunday, May 31st, at 10 a.m. Please notice the time change.
- Plans are to gather on June 7th, for an indoor worship service at 11:00 a.m.For the month of June there will be no Sunday School, no PM service, no Wednesday service, no nursery, no library, no choir, no children’s sermon. Deacons will be at each door to receive your tithes and offerings, as you exit.
- Upon entering, temperatures will be taken with a no-touch thermometer, you may wear masks, but they are not required.
- Masks & Hand sanitizer will be available, for your convenience.
- Pews will be marked. Every other pew will be closed.
- Park anywhere that you would like, but enter the sanctuary using the front doors or the doors at the elevator entrance.
- The safety of everyone is of utmost importance. If you are 65 or older or have underlying health issues and feel it is safer to stay home, we understand that decision.
Again, for your convenience live streaming will be available, the church office is open each day. If there is a need, please come by or call.
The Deacon Committee will meet Sunday, June 28th to discuss how to proceed in July and going forward.
Live streams will be available on our Facebook page and YouTube channel
Online Giving can be found at https://ugbc.us/give